When I grow up, I'm going to be a grown up.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Life List:

Life Lists are pretty big right now. I hear people talking about them. Especially on shows like Ellen.

That got me to thinking. What do I want? When I’m old and my tattoo’s don’t make any sense any more, what do I want to remember about my life?

So, I am starting a list. Some of the things were obvious and I wrote them down right away. Some of the things I had to think about. I couldn’t have them ALL be about travel….

Here’s the beginning of my list. And I recommend it. I think it will always be changing. But getting it down on paper will hopefully get me started (or help me continue)…

* Be comfortable in my own skin. Quit apologizing for myself.
* Spend an entire week in Disneyland.
* Wear my hair long. Even if just for a short time.
* Take Byron to Australia.
* Get my full back tattoo.
* Raise Jackson to be a gentleman.
* Be a respectful and faithful daughter.
* Go to an event where I can buy and wear a gown.
* Go to New Orleans and take a tour of the cemeteries.
* Drive a 4 wheeler.
* Learn to meditate. Maybe even go to a retreat.
* Camp.
* Go on a cruise with a big group of friends.
* Learn to have kindness be a habit.
* Pan for gold.
* Figure out what I believe and find like-minded folks.
* Decide what I want to be when I grow up and DO IT.
* Clean my room. And keep it clean for more than a day.
* Stand up for myself.

That's what I've got so far... Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow I havent been here in a long time. I can help you with the four wheeler one, if that's still not crossed off. this is petri and I cant log in for some reason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home